Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nostalgic

Today (4/21/12) I spent an awesome time wandering around Historic Ellicott City with my Mom.  The antique shops and old buildings were so fascinating. Considering the amount of flooding they suffered last year its amazing that they are up and running as if nothing ever happened. As I looked at this photo I thought about the fact that these buildings have survived much more for a very long time.  The town was established in 1772.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellicott_City,_Maryland  When I look at this gate I think of craftsmanship and the fact that people built things to withstand time. The facades haven't changed but the insides house stores specializing in "vintage" and antique items.  The old servicing the new that is selling the old....hmm, interesting.
(f 5.0 and an Orton-ish finish)

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot, I'm a huge fan of architectural work. What I like is the fact that the Orthon effect works so well in this case it not typicaly associated with architectural work

    ReplyDelete