Saturday, April 21, 2012

The signs of Spring

Every proud lawn owners nemesis and yet we as photogs find them to be beautiful subjects.  I wanted to pick this bunch to take home with me in order to shot them in as many ways as I could come up with.  That would have meant climbing a fence, fighting the bugs, finding something to put them in and keep them from blowing away.  Well as you can see by this solitary shot I did not accomplish any of those objectives because climbing a fence wasn't happening and bugs and I soooo do not get along.  Instead I shot through the fence (fighting the wind) and left these little trouble makers where they could do no harm. I shot this in color but decided the black and white showed the motion with out appearing blurry.  I deepened the shadows to highlight the fuzzy white dandelions.
(f5.0 b/w)

2 comments:

  1. the B&W conversion works very nicely the choice to darken the the image in parts really makes the dandelions pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot and B&W work. The dof used makes the image looks like it is in motion. Nicely done. AP

    ReplyDelete