Saturday, May 19, 2012

A New Direction

I am once again 3 weeks (or soon to be) behind in post.  When I joined this group I assumed (yup I said it) that it would be easy for me to post weekly.  I take or took as it were photos daily, hourly even.  But my shoots depended on my destination. If I was going somewhere and I happen to come across something worth shooting I would. Or I chose a destination based on a desire to shoot there.  Well I have not been anywhere in months. At least not anywhere I was interested in shooting.  My "style"has always been spur of the moment or spontaneous shooting. My camera was (and still is in some form usually these days its in the form of my cellphone) a part of me; an extension my hand or my minds eye. I guess since I haven't been anywhere interesting lately I have started to feel as though that particular appendage has fallen asleep.  Well its time to wake it up, get the pins and needles going. I have decided to take a new approach...staged shots.  I made a shooting list of subjects, styles and items I would like to shoot.  And now that I think about it, that's the reason I joined this group.  I wanted to learn and try new things and experiment.  I wanted to grow as a photographer. I have hit my personal reset button...I am headed in a new direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment