Sunday, May 20, 2012

...my egg-spectations

As I mentioned in my previous post I am turning over a new leaf and staging shots instead of my usual happy accidents.  I have been planning this one for a week.  I had my Mother save all her egg shells (since she eats more eggs than I do and more often) so that I could try out one of the items on my list.  No fancy locale, this was shot in natural light.  I used two pieces of poster board (one black, one white) and set up shop in front of my Mother's living room window on the floor.  (I will be adding some of the shots to my site to sell.)  I must say I had a lot of fun setting up the eggs and just dropping them and shooting them however they landed.  It wasn't any easier than my travel shoots because I had to chase the light. This first experiment totally met my expectations maybe even exceeded them. I ended up with quite a few workable shots.  (f2.6 shot with the lighting set to tungsten for the blue-ish tinge. I also added a little HDR effect so that the dimples in the shells could be more defined.)

1 comment:

  1. The blue color works great in this shot. It counter how most food shot--warm to super warm.

    ReplyDelete