Sunday, May 20, 2012

Its a bird...its a plane...its uh crane?!

I supposed these two paper birds can symbolize my focus, drive and initiative.  This is the first time in my life I have ever folded origami.  I have done fancy napkin folds, paper games and airplanes but this was the most challenging.  I tried reading the instructions...except there were no words.  Then I tried an online tutorial, again no words.  Finally I went to Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSijU52XJ7w I made 8 but only 7 survived my attempt.  There was a time I would have just said skip it and go out buy some pre-made ones. But I buckled down and focused on doing my best.  So focus in fact that I kept making them.  It went from frustrating to fun.  Next time maybe I will try a frog.  (f4.0, I darkened the shadows and added some glow to soften the edges)

1 comment:

  1. your use of a glow effect works very nicely in this shot.

    ReplyDelete